Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Where has a month gone..


For about a month now, I've thought of myself as a blogger but that's not the case. While I've intended to keeping friends and family posted on life here, I haven't posted that much. The truth is, there is too much to do here and my intent to blog has become less of a priority. Whether it is going for a hike or happy hour, I have been distracted and I will try to do better because this place is too damn cool, not to document all that is going on. There is ALWAYS something going on but don't be fooled- it's not the city that doesn't sleep :) I love sleep so much that our friends Beth and John have promised for Christmas they are getting us the "Hilary Sleeps on couches calendar!" They only have to take 9 more photos of me asleep on couches.

Every weekend has been an event... the first weekend I was here was Halloween where Carson and I dressed as the ever so popular couple "The Devil and Pippy Longstocking"... maybe next year we will coordinate. We had a fun time here in town at various parties. Two weeks ago was the ski swap where locals exchanged/sold ski gear and the proceeds went to the local radio station. And, last weekend which deserves a post all to itself, was Turkey Bingo where at the Elks Club, 12 of us in our group of friends didn't get lucky and win a turkey. We were busy blotting each other with ink pens and various other scandalous reports (none of which I've seen documented yet on film!)

Needless to say- we are staying busy and are extremely excited for ski season that starts on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment